Friday 8 February 2013

Lift off

Welcome, nice of you to drop by.
So, in a nutshell:

1) Yes, i've been out of the hobby for a couple of years,
2) No, i've yet to paint anything in this scale, even though i've got some 15 mm metal under the bed. I guess i bought them some four years ago, so they have definitely ripened.
3) Yes, i've been much into other scales. It's the only thing i can boast for now, so you can feel invited to my background story, the battelier

Apart form the GZG and Khurasan, Spacejacker from TSS and dis from Multiverse 15 are the main culprits, as to me being sucked back into toy soldiers, and an utterly different scale too. My utmost respect goes to both. This blog is at least partially a homage to them. Hugs, guys!

So, what is this gonna be about? Sci-fi is my absolute favourite, but since i'm a bit short on budget lately, i'm more likely to kick off with some of the stuff i've got at bay. These are late imperial Western Romans for FoG/DBA and 17th Century Russians. The first found their way into the waiting line as a result of my interest in the persona of Julian the Apostate, the latter mainly as an expression of support to a local company which had braved actually publishing their own 15 mm game. Since when i got them, my approach to historical wargaming had evolved into not wanting to have anything to do with the thing - the reasons for which you might well find here sooner or later - so the minis are waiting for their turn to become some sort of space-faring ancients or interstellar pike&shotte. We shall see.

See you next time :-)


4 comments:

  1. Nice to see you picking up the 15mm scale (your Infinity conversions are really top-notch!) - and thanks for mentioning me along Spacejacker! Btw. it seems we have some more things in common than the hobby - I live in Cracow and I'm a philologist too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yeah, I'm already aware we're quite close geographically. Hope to meet sometime soon. Funnily enough, your profile gives your location quite clearly but to be honest, I only noticed it after spying 'Woda Mineralna' on one of the bottle caps you use as figure mounts ;) Cheers

      Delete
  2. I would steer clear of Dis if I were you. Kidding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stranger, thanks for the visit. Might I inquire what got you to a place like this? :-)

      Delete